Commission Regulation (EU) No 1178 / 2011 of 3 November 2011 implementation (27.03.2013)
Other / CAA
Following 8th April 2013 and commencement of the application of Regulation (EU) 1178/2011 - as amended (Part-FCL, ORA and ARA) within Republic of Latvia, the following significant considerations will apply:
- All new applications for the approval of training organisations shall have to be in compliance with Part-ORA / FCL.
- All new applications for simulator qualification shall have to be in compliance with Part-ORA / CS-FSTD.
Existing organisations shall have to commence the change to Part-ORA compliance in accordance with their existing implementation plans (FTO/TRTO) or shall have to produce and comply with an implementation plan (RF):
- FTO and TRTO to have changed their management systems by 8 April 2014;
- RF to apply their management changes by 8th April 2015 - shall be notified subsequently about the requirement for implementation plan.
Cabin crew requirements shall be fulfilled in cooperation with the CC Operator:
- CC Operators to coordinate with LVCAA ;
- CC to coordinate directly with their Operator.
- Part-FCL Flight Crew Licences from PPL level through ATPL will be issued in accordance with the new requirements set out in Annex I to the regulation.
- National and JAR standard Flight Crew Licences will be able to be changed to Part-FCL licences in accordance with Article 4 to the Regulation.
- Medical Certificate Class 1 and Medical Certificate Class 2 shall be issued in compliance with Part-MED.
- Existing national pilots medical certificates and aeromedical examiners certificates will be able to be replaced with certificates complying with the format laid down in Part-ARA in accordance with Article 5 to the Regulation by 8 April 2017 at the latest.
Full details of the LVCAA derogations (postponed implementation) are contained in the following file:
- Permanent Representation of the Republic of Latvia to the European Union Letter: Brussels, 30 March 2012, No 2.3.10.-1043 and Letter: 18 December 2012, No 2.3.10. – 3822 ( see: Pdf _1 & Pdf_2 );
- CAA of Latvia 1178/2011 and 290/2012 Derogation Implementation Outline Plan ( see: Pdf3 ).